The inspiration for this Freshly Brewed Project is ….
Decorative Masks are a great way to add some texture and layers to your projects. Stampin’ Up! have a great set of Decorative masks, but did you know that you can also make your own? For my card today I have created my own mask using the beautiful succulent die from the potted Succulents Dies to create a soft and subtle background. The great thing about making your own masks is it too can be used on a card after you have finished with it.
Supplies used: Simply Succulents bundle, Blending brushes, Basic white card stock, Purple posy card stock, mint macaroon card stock, mossy meadow card stock, Purple posy & Mint macaroon Stampin’ Blends, Mint macaroon & blackberry bliss Ink, whisper white crinkle ribbon, and Basic rhinestone jewels.
To make the card … and pictures
- First cut out your mask from card stock
- Place mask over the piece of card stock and tape it with some washi tape or removable tape to stop it from moving around when you are adding some colour.
- Ink up your blending brush, sponge or brayer with the colour you are using and gently apply it. To get the best results it is better to start with a light covering and add more as you need it.
- Remove your mask to reveal your coloured image.
- Stamp the succulent image in mint macaroon and colour with purple posy and mint macaroon Stampin’ Blends. Stamp a sentiment in black berry bliss.
- Cut the succulent image, sentiment & the mossy meadow images with dies from the Potted Succulent dies.
- To finish I have added a bow and rhinestone jewels.
Now let’s go hopping …
We have four crafty Demonstrators in today’s Blog Hop. My friend Leonie is next on the list …
Here’s the complete list of all participants …
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.