This is a great way to add highlights to your stamped images. It a quick and easy technique. For this I have used an image from the stamp set Enjoy the Moment stamp set to show you how to do this technique.
Supplies that you will need: stamp, glossy card stock (or photo Paper), Black Stazon Ink, wax crayons, blending brushes or sponges, ink , paper towel, embellishments and extra card stock to complete your project.
Step by Step Instructions
- First stamp your image onto glossy card stock with Stazon ink, let the ink dry or heat set before moving onto the next step.
- Now work out where you wish to have the highlights on your image, I have chosen to highlight the seed pods and stems.
- Take a wax crayon, it doesn’t matter what colour, and draw in the areas you wish to highlight.
- Ink up your blending brush or sponge with the colour ink you wish to use and add colour over your stamped image, I have used crumb cake ink. Once you are happy with the amount of colour you have added, take a piece of paper towel and carefully polish off the crayon to reveal your highlights.
- you can now finish your card.
Variations for this technique
- You can also highlight around the edge of your stamp images.
Demonstration of Crayon Resist
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
Project Product List
To make your own cards, purchase items from the list below in my online store. Or contact me and I can organise it for you.