With Christmas just around the corner I thought I would show you something a little different for today’s technique. I found some candy cane flavoured Chupa Chups and wanted to do something with them for my Family Fun class. Here is what I came up with. I think they will make great decorations on the Christmas Table OR even a great gift to give to friends.
Supplies that you will need: Foil sheets, Designer series paper, Stitched Triangles Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched Stars Dies, Stamp Set, Embossing Folder, ribbon, card stock, and Chupa Chups.
Step by Step Instructions
- Cut out Two Triangle shapes from Green Foil Sheets and run them through an embossing machine with a the folder of your choice to add some texture.
- Select some Designer series Paper and cut out two rectangles to be the base of the tree.
- Die cut out stars from Brass Foil. Or use a punch if you have one. Glue them together if needed
- Cut a piece of card stock 2¼ in x 1 in. On the long side Score it at ½ in on both ends, this will form the base for your tree.
- Stamp and punch out your tag.
- Adhere the two rectangles to the ½ in ends of your card stock and place a glue dot in the top centre of each rectangle.
- Place your Chupa Chup lollipop into the tree base and squeeze the glue dots onto the lollipop stick to hold it in place.
- Now attached the stars to the top of both triangles to form the tree, make sure they match up.
- Take the front tree triangle and place a glue dot in the centre back of the star, and three glue dots along the bottom, one in each corner and one in middle.
- Add one glue dot to the bottom middle of the back triangle tree.
- First line up & stick the front and back stars together.
- Now place the tree over the lollipop stick and line up the the two bottom corners and press the glue dots together to adhere.
- Make sure the tree is over lapping the tree base before pressing on the middle glue dots to secure the tree to the base.
- To finish tie a bow around the base of the tree and attach the tag.
These were so much fun to make and will look great on the table at Christmas Time. I hope you have a try.
Demonstration of Chupa Chups Christmas Trees
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
Project Product List
To make your own cards, purchase items from the list below in my online store. Or contact me and I can organise it for you.