This week for the Blog Hop our theme is show a different way to use our Embossing Folders other than just straight embossing. The card I have for you today uses the Crayon Rubbed Embossing Technique. It is not only a different way to use your embossing folder but also a variation of the resist technique, creating a bold and interesting background.
- Place your cardstock onto your chosen embossing folder making sure it is on the side with the raised design.
- With the side of a white crayon or white candle, pressing firmly all over the cardstock to make that you cover all of the raised areas of the embossing folder. You may need to go over it a few times.
- Now to add some colour, ink up a rubber or sponge brayer with a dye based ink.
- Roll the inked brayer over your crayon rubbed card stock to reveal the pattern.
- Using a soft cloth or a piece of paper towel polish off the excess ink from your image. This will show up the pattern even more the resist areas should be bright and shiny.
- Now you can use this piece on your project.
Now let’s go hopping …
We have four crafty Demonstrators in today’s Blog Hop. My friend Libby is next on the list …
Here’s the complete list of all participants …
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.