Shaker Cards are always a fun interactive card. Today I’m going to show you a simple way to create one using a clear envelope or Cellophane bag. I saw this demonstrated at our recent Virtual Stampin’ Up! conference by the lovely and talented Rosemarrie Gonzalez. Here is a card that I created for my Family Fun class last weekend.
Supplies that you will need: Clear Envelope or cellophane bag, Designer series Paper, sticky tape, stamps, ink, card stock. Items to use for the shaker – I have used 100’s &1000’s and small butterflies.
Step by Step Instructions
- Choose your piece of Designer Series Paper or stamp your own. Cut it to 13.5cm by 9cm. This will be your background for your shaker card.
- I have stamped butterflies from the Butterfly Gala stamp set and punch them out with the Butterfly Duet Punch.
- I glued the bigger butterfly images to the piece of Designer Series Paper background. Plus stamped the bodies and antennae on the butterflies.
- Slip the background piece into the envelope or cello bag. Make sure that it is nice and snug in one corner.
- now add your shaker items. I have added the small butterfly images and about 1 teaspoon of 100’s & 1000’s.
- Seal the envelope or bag closed making sure it is nice and tight to the Designer series Paper.
- Fold over the over hang of the Envelope or bag and tape down with Sticky tape. Again making sure that it is tight around the Designer Series paper.
- Add a sentiment and any embellishments you want.
- Use tear & tape to adhere your shaker to your card.
Variations for this technique
- Tie a ribbon around the shaker.
- Use beads or sequins for the shaker element.
Demonstration of Cello Shaker Card
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
Project Product List
To make your own cards, purchase items from the list below in my online store. Or contact me and I can organise it for you.