This technique is a quick easy wow that will put a smile on the face of any recipient. The cards that I have for you today are a couple that were created for my recent Family Fun Class.
Supplies that you will need: a circle shape approx 7cm either punched or die cut , glue dots, scissors and cardstock.
Step by Step Instructions
- Take your circle and cut a spiral starting from the outside working your way into the middle.
- Fold your card base in half.
- Place a glue got on the top in the middle of your spiral.
- Place a glue dot underneath on the tail end of your spiral.
- Carefully set your spiral down onto your opened card base and then close the card onto the spiral. When you open it up you will have your spiral pop up.
- Now it is time to decorate. Using more glue dots attach your shapes, be it butterflies, flowers or even bats. TIP: make sure you check that the shape that your are attaching to your spiral will not stick out of the card when you close it.
- All that is left is to decorate the front and stamp a sentiment.
Variations for this technique
- Use Vellum or Acetate (window sheets) to create an invisible spiral.
Demonstration of Spiral Pop-Up
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
Project Product List
To make your own cards, purchase items from the list below in my online store. Or contact me and I can organise it for you.