The inspiration for this Freshly Brewed Project is ….
When you google Gatefold cards there are so many different ways to create one, from the way you fold it to the way you embellish it. Here is my take on the Gatefold card, hope you like it.
For this card I used …
The Most wonderful Time Stamp set & dies from the Most Wonderful Time Product Medley. The sentiment is from the Poinsettia Petals Stamp set. And I have also used the Lovely Labels Pic a Punch, Whisper White cardstock. Spaded Spruce Cardstock and Ink, Just Jade cardstock and ink, Uninked Stampin’ Spots, Daffodil Delight ink, Real Red Ink, Early Espresso Ink, Stamparatus, Rubber Brayer, and the Cut & Emboss Machine.
To make the card
- Instead of folding the card base in half , I scored it at 5.25cm from both sides and folded them into the centre to create the gatefold.
- Next I created the front panels using the Rubber band Brayer Technique. This is done by placing rubber bands around your brayer before inking it up. For this card I inked it with Shaded Spruce and rolled it onto a piece of Just Jade cardstock. Cut 2 panels 14.5cm x 4.75cm and adhere to the two gatefront folds.
- Using the Stamparatus I stamped the gift boxes and cut them out with the coordinating dies. I found using Stampin’ Spots to ink up this image a little easier.
- Cut 3 strips of whisper white card stock 9cm x 2.5cm, stamp Merry Christmas on one and banner all three with the Lovely Labels Pic a Punch. Note: I have bannered the 2 strips for the gift boxes on the opposite ends to the Sentiment.
- Adhere alternately to the front of your card with the Merry Christmas Banner in the middle. DO NOT put adhesive along the whole banner only where it will attached to the front of your card.
- Using dimensionals adhere the gifts to the other two Banners.
- For the inside of the card cut a 14.5 x 10cm piece of whisper white cardstock and stamp the gift images.
If you wish to purchase any of the Products that I have used just click on the name in the list above and it will take you to my online store.
Thanks for stopping by today. Let’s go and see what other inspiration the gals have for us today.
Now let’s go hopping …
We have four crafty Demonstrators in today’s Blog Hop. My friend Leonie is next on the list …
Here’s the complete list of all participants …
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.