Do you like to add texture and interest to your projects? This technique gives you a puffy finish and looks like frosting on a cake or in this case, snow on the trees.
Supplies that you will need: Stamped image, Tombow Multi Purpose Glue, heat tool, embossing powder and fine glitter.
Step by Step Instructions
- First stamp and cut out your image that you are using for this technique.
- Next mix equal parts embossing power and fine glitter into a container and give a good shake to mix. For this card I have mixed White Embossing Powder with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.
- Now apply Tombow multi purpose glue to the areas that you wish to create the Faux Frosting Technique. Apply glue in a circular or zigzag motion so that it adds a little texture, but not to thick.
- Sprinkle over the embossing power mix and heat with your heat tool. Note it will bubble and raise up as it heats. Once this happens take away the heat tool and let it cool then repeat the heating process.
- Set aside to let it dry before attaching it to your project.
Variations for this technique
- You can use any colour of embossing power to make your embossing powder mix. For the below card I have used lovely lipstick embossing powder and dazzling diamonds glitter to create the pink frosting on the cupcake.
Demonstration of Faux Frosting
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
Project Product List
To make your own cards, purchase items from the list below in my online store. Or contact me and I can organise it for you.