The inspiration for this Freshly Brewed Project is ….
Chevron Quilt Strip Background
This week we are creating projects using the Chevron Quilt Strip Background Technique. I enjoyed the challenge of trying something new. Here is a tutorial by Lyssa Zwolanek that is the inspiration for today’s card. Hope you like it and try it for yourself.
For my cards today I have used: Ornate Garden Specialty DSP, Forever Gold Laser-cut Specialty Paper, Whisper White Card stock, Positive Thoughts stamp set and Nature’s Thoughts Dies, plus Daisy Lane Stamp Set and the Daisy & Medium Daisy punches, Layering Circle Dies, Bumblebee Ink & Old Olive Ink, Gilded Gems & ribbon to embellish. Adhesive Sheets.
- I made a few adjustments to Lyssa’s instruction to fit our metric measurements.
- You will need about 10-12 strips of double sided DSP cut at 2.5cm x 14,5cm.
- Taking a piece of adhesive sheet adhere 2 pieces of Whisper white card cut at 10cm x 14.5cm remove the backing paper.
- Now adhere the cut strips of DSP so that you end up with a mirror diagonal pattern shown as shown below.
- The next step is to cut each panel into 4 long strips.
- Taking alternate pieces from each panel start to create your chevron pattern. I had to play with this a little bit but I came up with 2 different patterns to use.
- Don’t’ worry if the pattern doesn’t line up exactly you will be able to cover some of that up with your sentiment and /or embellishments.
- Adhere the strips of your Chevron Pattern to a Whisper White Card Base.
- Stamp & cut out images and Sentiment
- Start with an accent from the Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper and layer up your stamped images.
- Embellish and finish your card.
Now let’s go hopping …
I’m curios to see what my fellow Demonstrators have created with this technique in today’s Blog Hop. My friend Leonie is next on the list …
Here’s the complete list of all participants …
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.