The inspiration for this Freshly Brewed Project is ….
Black and White
Making a project with black and white can be so classy. Plus you do not need to worry about matching anything. For my card today I have used one of the papers from the Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper and the Origami Frame Fold. I like to use my craft supplies in different ways not just what they are designed to be used for. So when the Black & White theme came up I know I wanted to use this piece of DSP, hope you like it.
For this card I used the Christmas Gleaming Bundle, Magic in this Night DSP, Black Glitter Paper, Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper, Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. Sentiment from the Wrapped in Christmas Stamp Set. Whisper White and Basic Black Card Stock. Tasteful Textile 3D embossing Folder . Silver Metallic edge ribbon & Basic Rhinestone Jewels. Black Memento Ink, clear embossing Powder and Heat Tool.
I wanted the stamped images to stand out a little. Once the images was stamped I worked quickly to covered it with clear embossing powder and heat embossed it. Using the coordinating punch I punched out the Ornament and used the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch for the sentiment and the black mat.
I embossed a piece of Whisper white card with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing fold to give the background a soft and subtle texture. Then adhered it to a Basic Black mat.
I placed a piece of Silver edged metallic ribbon around the bottom before adding the sentiment piece. Then finished it off with Rhinestone Jewels before adhering it to a Whisper White Card Base.
Once I had finished folding my Frame I cut a 1 3/8″ square from Black Glitter paper and a 1 1/4″ square form Plush Poinsettia Paper adhered them together and placed them in the centre of my frame. I then attached the ornament with a dimensional and placed a rhinestone jewel in the centre before attaching to my card.
- To make the Origami Frame fold you need to start with a square piece of DSP. For this card I have a 4 inch piece.
- Fold the paper in half & then in half again. I have drawn a dotted line to make this a little easier to see the fold lines, you do not need to do this.
- Then use a pen to make the centre lines of both folds
- Fold each corner into the centre, making sure the tips meet at the centre lines.
- After all the corners are brought into the centre, fold the tips back out to meet the outer edge fold.
- Optional you can fold the tip back in again and leave it or tuck it under.
- you can now add a 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 inch square to the centre of your frame for a sentiment or image.
Now let’s go hopping …
We have 4 crafty Demonstrators in today’s Blog Hop. My friend Leonie is next on the list …
Here’s the complete list of all participants …
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
3 thoughts on “Freshly Brewed Projects: Black and White”
Great card, Debbie with that interestingly folded card front and the bauble inside. Thanks for sharing.
LikeLiked by 2 people
LikeLiked by 1 person