This technique is a variation to the emboss resist technique giving you a shimmery effect to your background.
Supplies that you will need: a solid stamp image, embossing powder, versa mark and heat tool, shimmer paint, sponge dauber or foam brush.
Step by Step Instructions
- First ink your image with versa mark ink and stamp onto your card stock.
- Cover with embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Now take you bottle of Shimmer Paint and give it a good shake, making sure it is well mixed.
- Using a sponge dauber pick up the ink from the lid and start rubbing it all over your embossed image until your card stock is all covered. You might need to re-ink the dauber depending on the size of your card.
- Now take a piece of paper towel and polish off the paint from the embossed image. This creates the Shimmery Resist Technique.
- Optional: stamp some images with the shimmer paint by applying ink direct to your stamp with the sponge dauber and stamping onto your card.
- Your piece is now ready to add to your card or project.
Variations for this technique
- You can use either Frost white or Champaign Mist Shimmer paint for this technique.
- you can also use a foam brush instead of the sponge dauber, you will just need to pour a little paint into a container.
Demonstration of Shimmery Resist
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
Project Product List
To make your own cards, purchase items from the list below in my online store. Or contact me and I can organise it for you.