Welcome to today’s blog hop it is all about Trees
I do like a stamp set with trees in it and Stampin’ Up! have so many different stamp sets to choose from it was hard to pick one. But I have just had a weekend away on the beautiful south coast of NSW and had to do a palm tree inspired card for the Tree blog hop today. Hope you like it.
To create this card I used the Sponge Brayers, Misty Moonlight and Crumb Cake ink. Timeless Tropical Stamp set and coordinating In the Tropics Dies. Old World 3D embossing folder and Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Linen Thread and Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Old Olive and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends. Whisper White, Seaside Spray and Misty Moonlight card stock. Sentiment is from Beautiful Moments. Memento Black Ink and Wink of Stella.
To make the card I used two techniques.
- First the masking technique to create the Moon in the background.
- This is done by cutting out a circle from a post-it-note and sticking it onto the background before starting the second technique.
- Second is the Brayered Sky technique using two colours of ink and Sponge Brayers.
- Starting at the top with the Misty Moonlight colour, ink up a Sponge Brayer and start rolling your brayer back and forth while moving down the page. This will lighten as you go along. But only go about 2/3 of the way down the page.
- Now ink up a Sponge Brayer with Crumb Cake ink and start from the bottom and work your way up to the blue, slightly over lap the two colours.
- HINTS: When loading your brayer with ink only roll in one direction, this give a more even amount of colour. When adding the colour to your project start rolling just off the piece you are working on so that you don’t have a heavy concentration of colour where you start. One more tip is to apply the colour by rolling your brayer back and forth working the colour over your piece of card.
- Remove the mask reveling a very bright white moon. To dull it down a little run the sponge brayer with the misty moonlight link over it, without re-inking, very lightly. Add some sparkle with Wink Of Stella.
- Stamp Palm trees with Memento ink and colour with Stampin’ Blend. Cut out with matching dies and adhere to bayered background.
- Stamp sentiment in Memento ink onto the background piece and attach this to a Misty Moonlight card mat.
- Run a piece of Seaside Spray card through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with the Old World 3D embossing Folder and wrap some Linen Thread around before attaching to a whisper White Card base.
- Attach your palm tree piece to your card and finish with some Rhinestones for a bit of bling.
Now let’s go hopping …
i wonder what the other gals have chosen for there tree today. We have … crafty Demonstrators in today’s Blog Hop. My friend Leonie is next on the list …
Here’s the complete list of all participants …
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.