This is a fun technique that will take you back to your childhood. Do you remember scratching a picture and being able to smell the scent. You can create a scented embossing powder by mixing 1 part sugar free jelly or drink mix with 1 1/2 part clear embossing powder.
Supplies that you will need: sugar free jelly or drink mix, clear embossing power, versa mark ink, die cut or stamped image, card stock, heat tool. NOTE: do not use a sugar mix as it will cook and caramelize when you heat the embossing powered.
Step by Step Instructions
- First die cut the pineapple image from the In The Tropics Die set.
- Cover with versa mark ink and sprinkle your homemade scented embossing power, tipping of the excess.
- Heat emboss BUT remember to not over do it you don’t want to cook it.
- When it is cool you should be able to rub the embossed piece and smell the scent. Yummy pineapple.
- to finish this card I have cut out a frame from Brass foil and layered it to a piece of Whisper White Card stock that has been embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder.
- Cut out the top of the pineapple from a Piece of DSP and adhered the Pineapple to another Piece of DSP.
Variations for this technique
- For the 2 small Pineapples inside the card first stamp the image with versa mark ink and then using ink spots in old olive and bumblebee added some colour before stamping onto whisper white card stock.
- Now sprinkle with homemade scented embossing powder and heat emboss.
- cut out with coordinating die.
Demonstration of Scratch and Sniff
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
Project Product List
To make your own cards, purchase items from the list below in my online store. Or contact me and I can organise it for you.