The inspiration for this Freshly Brewed Project is ….
I had been pre-cutting out some rectangles for another class and had a lot of rectangle frames left over. Are you like me and find it hard to throw away things that might be used for something else…….. Well now I’m glad I didn’t because they have been perfect for this weeks Blog Hop.
For this creation I have used … Very Vanilla card stock, Soft Suede Ink & Card Stock, Cooper Foil Sheets, Poinsettia Place DSP & Poinsettia Petals Bundles, Swirly Frames Stamp set, and the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.
- To make the card I started with a Very Vanilla Card base and added a Soft Suede mat cut 14.4cm x 10cm.
- Next I stamped the rectangle frame from the Swirly Frames Stamp set with Soft Suede ink onto a piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock cut 14cm x 9.5cm. I also stamped the sentiment from the Poinsettia Petals Stamp set.
- Using the Rectangle dies from the Stitched so Sweetly Dies I created the frames with some Copper Foil Sheet and Very Vanilla card stock. This is done by laying two different sizes, one placed inside the other and cutting them out together.
- Using glues dot in the corners of the frames I interlaced them and adhere them to my stamped piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock.
- Next I fussy cut out a poinsettia image from the Poinsettia Place DSP and dimensionaled it to the card front.
- To finish off I cut out two die images from the Pointsettia Dies and placed them under the flower.
I had fun creating this card today and very happy that I didn’t discard the leftover frames.
Now let’s go hopping …
Let head over to see how everyone else has used frames in their creations. We have … crafty Demonstrators in today’s Blog Hop. My friend Jeanne is next on the list …
Here’s the complete list of all participants …
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.