This technique highlights a section of an image by adding colour to a small part of the image. It is a great way to add a little colour without having to colour the whole image or background.
Supplies that you will need: outline stamped image, Stampin’ Blends, memento ink, Designer Series Paper, layering dies, card stock and embellishments
Step by Step Instructions
- First stamp image with black memento ink onto whisper white card stock.
- select a square from the Layering Square dies and cut out the section you wish to colour.
- colour the cut out with Stampin’ Blends. I have used Petal Pink and soft Sea Foam here.
- select a larger size square and cut out a backing colour for the mat. For this I have used Grey Granite.
- adhere the smaller coloured square to the matt square.
- line up the to images together and adhere the square over the image on the white card stock.
- finish by attaching to a grey granite card base and embellish with champagne jewels and gray granite ribbon.
Variations for this technique
- you can also use Designer Series Paper.
- I have selected one of the black and white floral prints from the Magic in This Night DSP.
- Using the Layering Ovals and Black Glitter Paper and Stampin’ Blends (Rococo Rose & Old Olive) to add colour.
- Embellished with Matallic Mesh Ribbon,Glittered Organdy Ribbon and Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
- Sentiment Stamped in black mementon on smaoky slate card stock and punched with theLovely Labels Pick a Punch.
Demonstration of Spotlighting
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
Project Product List
To make your own cards, purchase items from the list below in my online store. Or contact me and I can organise it for you.