The inspiration for this Freshly Brewed Project is ….
Did you know that Slimline Cards are the new craze at the moment. When I first went looking for the details on how to create one I found lots of images and lovely cards but had trouble finding the dimensions. I quickly realised that I needed to make them up for myself. So grabbing a DL sized envelope and worked out how wide it needed to be than doubled it.
I created this card for my Aug-Dec mini catalogue launch and my guests got to make one. The cards below are landscape oriented but you could easily create it as a portrait orientation.
For these cards I used the Gift Wrapped Bundle, Paper Trimmer, Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper, Gold Foil Sheet, Wonder of the Season Ribbon Combo, Gold Embossing Powder, Versa Mark, Heat Tool and the Layering Square dies.
To make the card
- Cut whisper white card stock at 21cm x 19cm then fold in half to form the slimline card base.
- Next a cut a whisper white card mat at 20cm x 8.5cm
- Taking your paper trimmer and using the scoring blade, Score a boarder on all four sides at 1cm & 0.5cm
- After choosing your plaid pattern from the Plaid Tidings DSP punch out 2 bows with the Gift Bow Builder Punch.
- Gold emboss the sentiment from the Gift Wrapped Stamp set.
- Cut out sentiment and gold foil piece with the layering squares dies and adhere together.
- Cut a piece of green ribbon from the Wonder of the Season Ribbon Combo and adhere to your scored boarder piece.
- Attached your sentiment piece in the middle of the ribbon with dimensionals.
- Adhere the bows either side of your sentiment.
- Using dimensionals attach the card mat to your card base.
Now let’s go hopping …
I’m looking forward to see what my fellow demonstrators have created for their slimline cards. Let go and have a look in today’s Blog Hop. My friend Pam is next on the list …
Here’s the complete list of all participants …
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.