The inspiration for this Freshly Brewed Project is ….
Ways with Vellum
Vellum is one of those papers that I tend to forget about and there are so many way you can use it. It can be used for a background, sentiment or embellishment. You can stamp on it as well as dry embossed and heat embossed just to name a few.
For my first project I have used the Vellum Square Dollies as well as a sheet of Vellum Card to create an envelope for a gift card.
- Start with a piece of vellum cut at 15cm x 15cm.
- Line up the diagonal points at 5cm on your paper trimmer and using the scoring blade score from point to point. Rotate and do this on all four diagonal points.
- Fold all corner on the scored lines to create the envelope.
- Before adhering together I cut a piece of Whisper White card 9.5cm x 9.5cm and adhered inside the envelope.
- Using glue dots adhere the two sides and bottom flaps together to create the envelope.
- To decorate I cut a piece of Purple Posy card stock 8.5cm x 8.5cm and adhered to the front of my envelope.
- I then adhered a Vellum Square Doilie down before adding some twine from the Flowers For Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack.
- Next I stamped images from the Forever Fern Bundle and cut out with dies.
- I also used some of the leaf dies to cut out vellum shapes and sponged them with Just Jade ink.
- After making a bouquet with the leaf images I dimensionaled it to the front of my envelope and tied the twine into a bow.
- I then embellished with Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- Stamp a gift card and place inside the envelope.
- I then made a closure with two more stamped and die cut leaf images and adhered with glue dots.
For my second project a created a simple birthday card using an embossed vellum background. This gives a very soft but striking effect.
- Taking a piece of vellum 14cm x 9.5cm I embossed it with one of the folders from the Meadow Moments Embossing Folders by running it through the Stampin’ Up! Cut and Emboss machine.
- Adhere to a Just Jade Card mat cut at 14.4cm x 10cms. NOTE: As it is hard to add adhesive to vellum and not have it show, I placed SEAL adhesive just on the side that will be covered with ribbon. I also placed glue dots to the corners that would be covered by Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
- Tying two of the ribbons from the Flowers For Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack together to form a bow I then adhered it to the side of my card.
- I created the sentiment piece using the Many Mates stamp set and the Banners Pick Punch.
Now let’s go hopping …
I’m excited to see what the other gals come up with for using Vellum in today’s Blog Hop. My friend Ann is next on the list …
Here’s the complete list of all participants …
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.