This techniques is great way to add a little bit of extra detail to your stamped images and create a different look each time. It is also another great way to use your embossing folders without having to use an embossing machine. You can use either side of the folder to get two different looks.
Supplies that you will need: card stock, a solid stamp image, 2 colours of ink and an embossing folder.
Step by Step Instructions
- As the flower and leaf image are a 2Step stamping image I stamped the outline image first with Soft Suede ink onto vanilla Card stock.
- Taking the solid image stamp, ink it with a light coloured ink (I used Saffron for the flower and Shaded Spruce for the leaves)
- Select an embossing folder and ink up with a darker or contrasting colour (I used Crushed Curry for flower and Mossy Meadow for the leaves).
- Stamp the inked image onto the embossing folder and press firmly to transfer the pattern and ink from the folder to the stamp.
- Now stamp your image onto your card stock.
- Finish your card as you wish
Variations for this technique
- Using the above embossed kisses technique, stamp the first image,
- Without re-inking, press your stamp onto your embossing folder again. By doing this you will get a lighter image with darker detail.
- I have used Misty Moonlight and Night of Navy for the mountains and Just Jade and Garden Green used for the trees.
Demonstration of Embossed Kisses
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
Project Product List
If you wish to purchase any of the items I have used you can either contact me or click on the items below to place an online order in my store.