The inspiration for this Freshly Brewed Project is ….
Memories & More
Are you ever stuck for an idea or need something in a hurry. Stampin’ Up! has this wonderful product called Memories & more Card pack. You will be able to whip up something quick and easy with the cards and sticker embellishments you get in these packs. There are a couple of different themes for you to choose from, but the one I am using today is the Wonder Of The Season Pack.
WONDER OF THE SEASON MEMORIES & MORE CARD PACK
You get 48 double-sided printed cards you can use for quick Christmas or winter card fronts, pocket scrapbooks, and more. The card pack also includes 8 sheets of stickers to further embellish your projects.
* 48 cards
* 3″ x 4″ (7.6 x 10.2 cm) and 4″ x 6″ (10.2 x 15.2 cm)
* 12 specialty cards with gold foil
* 8 sticker sheets
* Acid free
* Lignin free
Product colours: Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, gold foil, Real Red, Shaded Spruce
For my project today I have decided to do something a little different. It is not a card but a variation on memory keeping. My thought behind this project was to create something that you could use to capture memories of a special Christmas and have it as a keep sake. It is a concertina style file box. Giving you space for photos to journal or even write Grandma’s favourite Christmas recipe.
To decorate the box:
- Fold your box up ready to decorate
- Choose one of the large cards from the Memories & More card pack to adhere to the lid. I had to trim 0.5cm off all sides to fit.
- Choose the design of DSP from the paper pack and cut 4 strips at 3/4 inch. Don’t throw away the left over piece of DSP as you can use it to decorate the inside pages.
- Cut 2 down to 5.5 inches and 2 down to 3.5 inches. Adhere to the 4 outside edges of the closed box.
To make the Concertina fold:
- Cut 3 pieces of whisper white card 14cm x 29.7cm (length of an A4 Sheet of card stock) and score each piece at 9cm & 18cm.
- Cut the small panels off only one of the 3 three pieces of card stock
- Fold each piece into a zig zag concertina and use the small panels to adhere all three panels together.
- I used the left over DSP to cover the joins on my concertina.
- Now you can use the other cards and stickers to embellish. Remember you will need to cut the large cards down to fit.
- I have cut one of the large cards in half and made pockets and used some of the small cards to journal on.
- Once I finished decorating my panels I adhered it into my box
Now all that is left to do is to fill it with my Christmas memories. I might even make some as gifts for my family and friends so they can capture their memories of Christmas.
Now let’s go hopping …
Let’s go and see what my crafty friends are going to do with the Memories & More Products. My friend Narelle Fasulo is next on the list …
Here’s the complete list of all participants …
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.