This technique gives you the look of a stitched line or pattern on your card stock. Faux Stitching is a great way to add a little bit of texture to a project or provides an interesting border.
Supplies that you will need: Piercing tool and piercing mat, a piercing template and/or a ruler, and Stampin’ Write Markers.
Step by Step Instructions
- Work out where you are going to do your Faux Stitching and what stitch pattern you are going to use.
- Pierce the holes for your stitching either using a template or a ruler as a guide.
- For a running stitch you only need a single row.
- For a cross stitch you will need two rows of holes.
- Once you have the holes pierced you can draw in your stitches from one hole to the next. I like to use the fine tip of the marker to do this.
Variations for this technique
- You can create a number of different stitches by the way you pierce the holes and draw the lines.
- You can even just free hand draw the stitches.
- You can also use die shapes that have a stitched imprinted pattern around the border. This can be left blank or you can draw a stitched line around it.
Demonstration of Faux Stitching
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
Project Product List
If you wish to purchase any of the items I have used you can either contact me or click on the items below to place an online order in my store.