The inspiration for this Freshly Brewed Project is ….
Case the Catalogue
Have you ever sat down to create a card but no inspiration is happening. Did you know that the Stampin’ Up! catalogues are a great resource for inspiration. You can CASE (Copy And Share Everything) straight from any of the images. Or change it up by using a different colour combination and / or stamp set.
For my card creations this week I have cased the card on page 55 of the annual catalogue.
To make this card I have used the Four Season Floral Stamp Set (from the Beginner Brochure), 2020-2022 In-Color Stampin’ Write Markers and A4 card stock, Flowers For Every Season DSP, Classic label punch, stitched rectangle dies and Cinnamon Cider Ribbon.
- Starting with a misty Moonlight card base
- Two strips of Just Jade card stock which I have distressed by crunching up and flatten back out
- Misty Moonlight dotty paper from the Flowers For Every Season DSP cut out a stitched rectangle shape.
- Cut out 3 smaller stitched rectangles from Whisper White card.
- Using the 2020-2022 In-color Markers colour the sunflower image from the Four Season Floral Stamp set and stamp onto the small rectangles. Making sure one is stamped a little lower to allow room for the sentiment.
- On a scrap piece of Bumblebee card stock stamp the “For You” sentiment with Cinnamon Cider ink and punch out with Classic Label Punch
- Tie a bow using the cinnamon cider ribbon
This card is a variation to my first card. Using the same layout, stamp set and colours but stepping it up a little.
- Starting with a card from the Memories & More Cards & Envelopes
- Stamping on the two strips of Cinnamon Cider card stock in Cinnamon Cider Ink.
- Embossing a stitch rectangle shape of Just Jade card stock with Floral 3D Embossing Folder.
- Stamping on 3 smaller stitched rectangles in Black Memento Ink.
- Colouring in the images with Cinnamon cider, Just Jade and Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends.
- Tie a bow with Bumblebee gingham ribbon
- finish with some Wink of Stella on the flowers.
I hope you will now go back through the catalogues and see them in a whole new light. Noticing all the wonderful layouts and colour combinations that are there for your inspiration. You do not have to have the same stamp sets to CASE the catalogue.
Now let’s go hopping …
Now it is time to head over to see what inspiration my fellow Demonstrator friends have found in the Stampin’ Up! Catalogue for today’s Blog Hop. My friend Jessie Holton is next on the list …
Here’s the complete list of all participants …
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.