There are many ways to use bleach but have you ever thought or seen it used in paper crafting. I would like to show you a couple of different ways to use bleach with your red rubber stamps and heat embossed images. This technique is one of those WOW techniques!!! You will be amazed at the results each and every time you play with bleach and coloured card stock.
Supplies that you will need: bleach, paper towel, plastic plate, water painters or paint brush, stamps, embossing powder, ink, and card stock.
Before you start test the card stock you are going to use with the bleach. You will see that as it dries not all card stock will bleach white you might be surprised to see what colour it turns. Make sure that you wash out your water painter and clean the Bleach off your stamps as soon as you are finished. I like to clean my stamps with the Stampin’ Mist to make sure they are clean.
Step by Step Instructions
Painting with Bleach
- Stamp and heat emboss your image on the coloured card stock you are going to bleach. I have used the large sunflower and heat embossed it on soft suede card stock.
- Using a water painter with bleach in it, paint your image with the bleach and let it dry. You will see that the image turns yellow.
- Cut out image with matching die. Now it is ready to create your card.
Stamping with Bleach
- First you will need to make a bleach stamp pad.
- Take a plastic plate and fold a paper towel and place onto it.
- Now pour some bleach onto the paper towel. Make sure to not put too much or your stamped image will smudge.
- Using a rubber stamp press it into your bleach and stamp onto your coloured card stock. I have used the dandelion image and gorgeous grape card stock here, notice that the image turns blue this time.
- Sponge white card with dye-based ink to add colour and then stamp your image with bleach. I have sponged with misty moonlight, just jade and pretty peacock here and stamped the crosshatch image with bleach.
Demonstration of Using Bleach
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
Project Product List
If you wish to purchase any of the items I have used you can either contact me or click on the items below to place an online order in my store.