Sometimes we wish to add a little texture to our projects, embossing paste is a great way to do that. With this technique I will show you a few different ways that you can add some colour as well.
Supplies that you will need: Embossing paste, palette knife. silicone mat, masks, pigment sprinkles, ink refill, shimmer paint, ink pad and sponges.
Step by Step Instructions
- First have your piece of card stock ready and cut to size.
- Make sure you have the colour medium, embossing paste, and silicone mat you want to use all ready to go.
- Using your palette knife scoop out a small amount of embossing paste and put it on the silicone mat.
- Add a drop of colour of either ink refill or shimmer paint and mix it with the palette knife.
- Apply to your project with the palette knife over the mask if you are using one, once it is dry you can finish you card or project.
- NOTE: It is important to wash your tools used with the embossing paste straight away so that it does not dry on them. Always remember to replace the lid as soon as you take out what you need from your jar of Embossing Paste.
Variations for this technique
- Add colour by sponging ink over the white or shimmery white embossing paste after you have applied it and let it dry.
- Use pigment sprinkles (Brusho) to add vibrant colours. Place a dollop of embossing paste on your card stock and then sprinkle the powder on. Using the palette knife swipe down your project. See video below for further instructions.
Demonstration of using the embossing paste
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
Project Product List
If you wish to purchase any of the items I have used you can either contact me or click on the items below to place an online order in my store.