Another oldie but goodie for you today. Faux Mother of Pearl is a quick & easy techniques that gives you a nice subtle WOW!. This is another one of my favourites. You can just create a piece the size you need or you can create a whole sheet of A4 or even 12 x 12 and make a whole stack of cards. I hope you enjoy this technique and give it a go.
Supplies that you will need: Frosted white Shimmer Paint, Card stock, gladwrap (clingwrap), sponges, baubers or brayer, inks and stamps
Step by Step Instructions
- First make sure you give your bottle of shimmer paint a good shake up before you remove the lid.
- Next take a piece of cling wrap and make a ball that will fit into the lid of your paint.
- Dip the cling wrap into the lid to pick up some shimmer paint and start dabbing it randomly onto your card stock. Make sure you go all the way out to the edges of your card. NOTE: you do not need to cover the whole piece, you will want to leave some blank spaces. Let the paint dry before adding colour.
- Once it is dry you can add the ink colour you choose. There are two way to add ink, both work well.
- a sponge brayer or a rubber brayer.
- a sponge or dauber.
- Now to add one or multiple colours depending on the look you are going for.
- Once the ink has dried you will need a tissue or paper towel to buff off any excess ink.
- The decision now is: do I use this lovely back ground as it is OR do I stamp images directly to it or add more images to give a more collage effect. NOTE: if using a water based ink like our Stampin’ ink pads you will need to heat set so that you do not smudge the images. If using Stazon which is permanent ink you will not need to do this but at least make sure it is dry.
- Once you have finished stamping you are now ready to create something with this beautiful piece of card.
My Demonstration of Faux Mother of Pearl
To be notified of my new projects and posts, please subscribe here.
Project Product List
If you wish to purchase any of the items I have used you can either contact me or click on the items below to place an online order in my store.