This is one of my Favourite techniques, with the contrast in colour it gives you an amazing finish that is striking.
Supplies that you will need: 2 pieces of contrasting card stock cut to the same size. Image to be stamped, inks, Stamparatus (stamp positioning tool) and Paper Trimmer. Optional embossing powder and heat tool.
Step by Step Instructions
- NOTE: You can stamp your image without the aid of a Stamparatus you just need to be careful to stamp them in exactly the same spot on both pieces of card stock.
- First set up your Stamparatus with your stamp image.
- Place your 1st piece of card stock in the Stamparatus and ink up image and stamp
- Stamp the second piece of card stock with same image (this may be in a different coloured ink)
- If you are heat embossing you will do that now.
- Once your stamped images are ready you will now cut them in half at the same measurement. I like to lay the two images on top of each other, making sure the images are going in the same direction, and cut them at the same time.
- Next you will place a contrast piece opposite to each other. Now you have two split negative images to create your projects.
Variations for this technique
- stamp with the same coloured ink with different coloured card stock
- stamp in opposite colours ink and card stock.
- heat emboss
Demonstration of Split Negative Technique
Project Product List
If you wish to purchase any of the items I have used you can either contact me or click on the items below to place an online order in my store.