This technique gives you a very subtle yet striking finish to your projects, created by Lydia Fiedler. It can be finished in a classic black and white look or you can add a little or a lot of colour. I love how quick and easy this Technique is and the subtle finish it gives your projects and cards.
Supplies that you will need: outline stamped image and a fine tip pen or sharp pencil, any colour..
Step by Step Instructions
- First stamp your image on white card stock.
- Using your fine tip marker start at the base of the image and making a flicking motion draw lines along the bottom and top of your image, in this case for each petal and leaf. Leave space in the middle to add dimension and shading.
- For the petals that have a fold-over petal you might want to colour that part in solid adding depth and breaking up the petals.
Variations for this technique
- You can stamp your image in a colour or even on coloured card stock. Here I have stamped in Terracotta Tile and Old Olive.
- Use a different medium to add colour. Here I have used my watercolour pencils and Stampin’ Write Markers to make the fine lines with the same flicking motion.
- Get a different look by using either a cross hatch design or a pointillism technique instead of the flicking line.
Demonstration of Stamped Etching –
Project Product List
If you wish to purchase any of the items I have used you can either contact me or click on the items below to place an online order in my store.